Winwaed Software Technology LLC specializes in developing and selling geospatial software. We sell a range of tools and add-ins for both Caliper® Maptitude® and Microsoft® MapPoint®, on our Mapping-Tools.com website. We have also recently introduced the Ultra Mileage fast batch route computation system which is based on OpenStreetMaps; and we also write custom tools and add-ins that are tailored to our customers' specific needs.
- A mobile version of our popular MileCharter product is currently under development. Designed for Android devices, MileCharter for Mobile allows you to find the closest customers to your location using the current driving conditions. It can also find the best route through all of your local customers. The beta version of MileCharter for Mobile is now available to download. You are invited to install the beta version and give us your feedback.
- Our latest major product is the Ultra Mileage system. This implements very fast route mileage and travel time calculations, with speeds of about 1000 routes per second on a modern PC. The initial version implements a port of our popular MileCharter product for mileage chart calculations. A port of MPMileage for point-to-point route calculations is in development. Ultra Mileage uses OpenStreetMap data for the road network, enabling it to work with data from any country in the world. For further information including a free 14 day trial, please see the Ultra Mileage website.
- Over the years we have written a number of Android apps for customers. We have just released our first publically-available Android app. Admittedly a bit of a novelty app, this is a Roman Numeral Calculator! Calculations are shown using side-by-side displays in Roman numbers and decimals. You can also choose decimal or Roman numeral keyboards. Download is free with minimal advertising.
- The Winwaed Software Technology LLC Blog has been launched, and also includes articles from our earlier Natural Language Processing Musings and GeoWebGuru websites, this includes recent articles, news, and commentary that we think our customers will find interesting. Subjects include geospatial processing (GIS), in addition to software engineering, cartography, and the Earth Sciences amongst other subjects.
We have ported a number of our popular MapPoint products to Caliper®'s Maptitude® application:
- MPMileage for Maptitude batch computes point-to-point routes that are listed in a database. The results (route distance, travel time, and estimated cost) are written to the database. The Maptitude version also adds support for Maptitude data views and the wide range of road type speeds. For further information including a free 14 day trial, please see the MPMileage for Maptitude website.
- MPCluster for Maptitude finds clusters in your geographic point data. The Maptitude version adds the Hierarchical Clustering algorithm in addition to the original K-Means algorithm; and can write the results directly to Maptitude data layers and/or joined data tables. For further information including a free 14 day trial, please see the MPCluster for Maptitude website.
- Our first product for Caliper Maptitude was MileCharter for Maptitude. This is a version of our popular MPMilecharter product specifically for Maptitude, and supports all of Maptitude's routing options. This includes the ability to set the road speeds for all of Maptitude's road types, and to Selection Sets for source & destination locations. For further information including a free 14 day trial, please see the MileCharter for Maptitude website.
Further information on our products for Maptitude and extensive how-to information about Caliper Maptitude can be found on our Mapping-tools.com website.
Other Products and Projects
Our tools and add-ins for Microsoft® MapPoint® continue to be available and include: